Sunday, June 16, 2013

365 Days of Creativity: Day 2

I spent quite a bit of time on today's project.  It's about my favorite animal.  Well, hello, that would be dogs!  I love my dogs.  So I tried to use thread and make a greyhound.  It was actually kind of funny looking and I thought it was pretty icky so I pitched it.  :)
So I had a granny block that I made that wasn't needed in a quilt, so I guess you could call it an orphan quilt block.  I have some applique greyhounds that I have left over from a project a few years ago.  So I grabbed one of those and appliqued it to the block after I sandwiched the block..  Then once it was raw edged appliqued, I echo quilted it... and I like it! 



Before borders

I did the echo quilting with silver thread, it matches the silver on the applique.  :)


It was a lot of fun to do the echo quilting.  One of my favorites!  :) 



The back....  You will find that I rarely use pretty backing on quilts that are wall hangings.  No one sees the backs of them, so why waste expensive fabric!  White or black is my usual and lots of muslin too!


Finished project.  :)

10" x 10" 


And this is how I'm keeping a record.  I'm going to use this book up and have a wonderful keepsake by the time my year is up!
And if you look closely, you'll see that I cannot spell!  :) 



It's REALLY muggy outside!
It does appear that we might get some more rain!

I watched a great movie this morning, The Descendants with George Clooney in it.  Love a good movie.  :)

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!  :)   God Bless,   Anne

No comments: