Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's later...

I worked on harnesses and leashes for 4 hours.  I will be doing the same and more for the next 4 days.  But it's all good!
After I finished in one room with the harnesses and such, I moved to the livingroom where my Bernina sits and awaits being turned on to quilt.  I worked on my second swoon block.  Love it!  


I hope to get the third one done tomorrow.  I really need to buy another Ott Light so I can work on my quilting in the evenings.  Well, I need to find one on sale I suppose.  :)  

The dogs have been quite the handful the last few days.  Sug's had the 'trots' and it appears that her IBD is acting up.  I feel so bad for her because I know it must hurt.  But she's not acted like it hurts, but she's been in and out and in and out a million times. 

I mentioned that I sent my bikes to a friend's place to get greased and oiled and all that good and fun stuff.  :) 
The handle grips on one of the bikes were gooey and icky and I needed to replace them.  I read on line that I should use WD40 to get them off, and I tried that to no avail.  So, I did what a woman needs to do.  I came into the house and grabbed a rotary cutter that I don't use much and that had an OLD blade on it, took it outside and cut those suckers off in about 10 seconds each side!  Note to self, keep small rotary cutter in tool box.  Worked and was easy peasy.  I didn't put the new ones on yet, but on the internet it says to use hairspray and lube them up so that they slip on and when the hairspray dries, it will become sticky and keep them in place.  Sounds like it would work to me.  :)

Hard to believe that January is almost gone.  The time goes so fast, won't be long and it will be spring and then summer.  It's chilly today and the day started off gloomy, but about noon the sun came out and warmed things up a bit.  Not hot, but better!  A friend was complaining that it was in the high 70's or 80's in Texas and that it was too hot.  I can only wish that it were 76 or 86 degrees here.... most of us moved here for those warm temps and we sure don't appreciate these 45 degree days.  At least it's not as cold as it was last January when my pipes froze and broke.  

Alrighty, almost time to feed the dogs.  Then to print postage for packages and then to fix dinner for me and then a cup of hot tea and a good book.  The perfect evening for this time of year. 
Have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow and God Bless.   Anne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now a bike shop is no longer the only place to find a great bike, you can find one online and have it shipped to your door and assembled in under ten minutes.
bike bell

Anne said...

Hum... my first ad! At least it's about bikes and not pharmaceuticals!